Hello,

I have implemented a number of daemons that act as AgentX sub-agents,
allowing me to easily gather information about my running daemons.

However, I would also like to use AgentX with some of by utilities that run
from time to time.  Since they aren't always running, their OIDs will only
show up for the duration of their run, which might be quite short.

I would like to have the master (snmpd) persist their information in a
cached fashion *if it cannot communicate with the agent any longer*.  I do
not want to return cached information otherwise; if the agent is up, then I
want to receive the current value (not a cached value).

Is there a way to accomplish this?  My research led me to the "timeout"
field of "netsnmp_handler_registration", but I ended up getting lost after
that.  The documentation around caching is also a bit fuzzy.

Thanks,
Doug