I'm writing a MIB module which also sends and receives packets, so in
order to receive them and not block the main loop I'm using
register_readfd().  For testing, I'm using standalone AgentX subagent
mode, with the default main loop of

while ( 1 ) {
   agent_process_and_check( 1 );
}

However, it turns out that agent_process_and_check doesn't use
netsnmp_external_event_info(), so my callback never got called.

Is this just an oversight?  Certainly snmpd.c:receive() handles these
externally-registered file descriptors, so if I was built into the
master agent I would [should] get called.

(Really, I'm asking before I file a bug: is my desired behavior *the*
desired behavior?  For my test subagent, I just wrote a main loop
using snmp_select_info and netsnmp_external_event_info.)

Thanks,
  Bill