I'm trying to learn how to add an instrumented/coded MIB to Net-SNMP.  I
have exhausted everything I can find on the Web, so I turning to this
group help.  I'm running Net-SNMP 5.7.2 under CentOS Linux.  Before I
state my question, I'll share what I have done so far.

I have downloaded Net-SNMP, configured it, built it, and installed it.
I ran some basic walks on the System group to make sure the agent is
working.

I created an extremely simple MIB that only contains four scalars called
CLAY-TEST-MIB.  My intent is to start off simple and add a table or two
later.  I ran smilint and worked out all the issues.  I ran
snmptranslate +CLAY-TEST-MIB on one of my scalar objects to verify that
I could be loaded and the correct OID was displayed.  I place the MIB in
my $HOME/.snmp/mib directory.  I added "mibs +CLAY-TEST-MIB" to my
$HOME/.snmp/snmp.conf file.  I created a directory to work in and change
to it.  In that directory, I executed "mib2c -c mib2c.scalar.conf
clayTestScalars"  as all my scalar objects are under the clayTestScalars
OID.  The result of this mib2c execution are two files:
clayTestScalars.h and clayTestScalars.c.   At this point I have not
filled in anything for these template files.

The next steps are giving me trouble.  That is I have two things I'm
struggling with:
1. How do I build the code
2. How do I dynamically load it in the agent

I see that in /usr/local/share/snmp/mib2c-data, there is a
mfd-makefile-m2m.  I believe it is use with mib2c to build a makefile
for tables.  I don't see one for scalars.

So how do I build the code and how does it get dynamically loaded into
the agent?

Thanks,
Clay Sikes