hello net-snmp-coders:
    I am studying net-snmp recently, and I found that when we get information
form a lots of agents it use select().
    I am developing a NMS(network management system), not Agent(snmpd).
    and it is use asynchronous.
    you can see it from:
http://www.net-snmp.org/tutorial/tutorial-5/toolkit/asyncapp/asyncapp.c

   snmp_select_info(&fds, &fdset, &timeout, &block);
   fds = select(fds, &fdset, NULL, NULL, block ? NULL : &timeout);

why not use epoll() instead of select()?
I am looking forward to your reply. thank you~