What will it take if I want to enable cpu and memory threshold traps from the linux box to HP OV ?
I have the snmpd.conf in place, I have an oid so that it goes to a browser in NNM. The test messages goes to the right browser in NNM but I get the mssg Unavailable Event Parameter. I assume its because I dont have relevant mib in place. In my searches for a mib I came across HOST-RESOURCES-MIB. But I dont know how to get it to work for me!!! Any guidance would be really helpful!

Thanks in advance,
Gayatri K

Dave Shield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 16:24 -0600, Tomas Carmen wrote:
> I am trying to config my
> linux server for send their traps to one HP NNM (trap
> receiver)

$ man snmpd.conf

SETTING UP TRAP AND/OR INFORM DESTINATIONS
trapsink HOST [COMMUNITY [PORT]]
trap2sink HOST [COMMUNITY [PORT]]
informsink HOST [COMMUNITY [PORT]]
These commands define the hosts to receive traps
(and/or inform notifications).

Note that you only need *ONE* of these three lines.
You shouldn't have all three.

Try
trapsink hp-nnm-host