I've seen one other post on here regarding this.  I have compiled and installed
version 5.4 of the net-snmp package on a Solaris 9/SPARC system.  Here are the
options used to when running the configure script:

--with-perl-modules=no \
--disable-embedded-perl \
--disable-shared \
--enable-mfd-rewrites \
--with-default-snmp-version=2 \
--with-sys-contact="Unknown" \
--with-sys-location="Undefined" \
--with-logfile=/var/snmp/log/snmpd.log \
--with-persistent-directory=/var/snmp/private \
--with-mib-modules="if-mib agentx ucd_snmp mibII" --with-ldflags="-Bstatic"

What I have been bumping my head against for too long now is that an snmpwalk
of the interfaces oid only returns information about the loopback interface.  I
have boxes with three types of interfaces:  bge, eri, and dmfe

None of these are reporting under net-snmp.  Does anyone know what I am doing
incorrectly?  I would really like net-snmp to be able to discover the
interfaces like it has in the past.  Having to hand configure the interface
name type speed etc. on literally hundreds of boxes is not my idea of a good
time.

Thanks in advance,

Joe