On Thu, 10 May 2018 08:46:17 -0700 Bart wrote:
BVA> On 05/06/18 17:32, Robert Story wrote:
BVA> > The first release candidate for the next release of Net-SNMP
BVA> > is available for testing [1]. [...]
BVA> [...]
BVA> Since we are preparing the first v5.8 release, do you think
BVA> this is a good time to review the Net-SNMP public header
BVA> files? There may be symbols in the public header files that
BVA> shouldn't be there.

Yes, that is a good idea.

BVA> Other issues I'd like to bring up are the
BVA> circular dependency between <net-snmp/types.h> and
BVA> <net-snmp/library/types.h>

The circular dependency is handled by each file using an ifdef to
protect against multiple included. It is possible that cleanup of
includes in the code to include the right things and in the right
order could eliminate the loop. I think 5.9 is probably the right
place to try such an undertaking.

BVA> and also that the compilation time probably can be reduced by
BVA> limiting the number of files included from <net-snmp/types.h>.

True. Another idea for 5.9.

Robert