On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 2:54 AM Krishna Vivek Vitta <
krishna.vivekvi...@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hello experts,
>

> We have a management server running snmpd where it is sending
> nsNotifyRestart traps. The frequency is once per day during same time.
>
> May I know on what occasions this trap is raised and I don’t get to see
> any logs in management server restarting agent(snmpd), though we see
> following in snmpd.log.

I went to https://lmgtfy.com/?q=nsNotifyRestart and the first search result
was http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/FAQ:Agent_15 which says:

The Net-SNMP agent ... generates an enterprise-specific trap
'nsNotifyRestart' ... on receiving a HUP signal - typically after being
re-configured.

One interesting thing to note is that "logrotate" is pretty likely to send
a HUP to a daemon whose logs it's configured to rotate.  Does your trap
happen to coincide with when "logrotate" runs on your server?

  Bill