On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 4:38 AM Krishna Vivek Vitta <
krishna.vivekvi...@citrix.com> wrote:

> Thank you Anders for swift response.
>

> "[snmp] logTimestamp 1"
>

> What does [snmp] indicate in above line ? Is it compulsory ?

Yes it's compulsory. This is an option that's not snmpd specific so the
"interpreter" used should point to the generic  "snmp interpreter"

> Our application frequently alters the contents of snmpd.conf in including
> trap destintions and managers. This may lead the entry “logTimestamp 1”
> being missed out in snmpd.conf.
>

> Can timestamp be logged automatically without including the above option
> in snmpd.conf ?

You can also place this on the command line, see the man page for snmpd,
e.g.
snmpd --logTimestamp=1 .....
(note, here you don't need the "[snmp]"

If you want to set it by default you need to dig into the net-snmp code....