On 12/10/20 2:51 AM, Christophe CASSIGNOL wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to compile the latest Net-SNMP-5.9 with Visual Studio 2005
> but I have an error :
>
> snmpUDPBaseDomain.c
> ..\..\snmplib\transports\snmpUDPBaseDomain.c(540) : error C2143: syntax
> error : missing ';' before 'type'
> [ ... ]
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> With Net-SNMP-5.8, I don't have this error.

Hi Christophe,

Thank you for having attached the make.out file. In that file I see the
following:

cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option '-s'
cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option '-fwrapv'
cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option
'-fno-strict-aliasing'
cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option '-mms-bitfields'

Does this mean that the Net-SNMP code is built with Visual Studio, that
the Perl extensions have been enabled and that the Perl interpreter has
been built with gcc? That combination is not supported. I recommend to
download the Perl source code, build it with Visual Studio and next
build Net-SNMP with Visual Studio. A script for downloading and building
Perl is available in ci/perl.bat.

Additionally, please use the latest version of the v5.9 branch instead
of the v5.9 release
(https://github.com/net-snmp/net-snmp/tree/V5-9-patches).

Thanks,

Bart.