Cameron Dziama <cameron.dzi...@gmail.com> writes:

> I am currently trying to make an agent for a cross-platform use case
> (RHEL7 and Windows). I've tried to dig through some of the
> documentation on agents and it seems like I need to compile my MIB
> module into the master agent while building the source. As I
> understand it right now, this would require me to spin off a separate
> demon process to handle requests from the client--this would cause
> problems with my Windows solution.

Actually, you can compile net-snmp and include your code into the main
(master) agent if you wish instead.  A sub-agent is one option, but is
not the only one.  I'm not familiar enough myself with compiling on
windows, but with mingw32 you should be able to run configure and add
the --with-mib-modules flag to include your code files.

--
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI