Hi, *

we use net-snmp as the SNMP v3 demon that forwards requests to certain MIBs to
our self-written, locally running SNMPv1 sub-agent.

We have noticed that when the SNMP client issues a GETBULK request that cannot
be completely fulfilled (e.g. there are less entries in the table than
requested), then the response

  * contains the Var-bindings that are available, but
  * has set error-status to nosuchname
  * has set error-index to 1
  * contains an additional varbinding (with same OID as the last available)
with value Null
  * contains another varbinding (with same OID) with value endOfMibView

(This may be related to this (relatively old) posting
https://sourceforge.net/p/net-snmp/mailman/message/30509710/)

When the subagent runs as v2c, everything works correctly. So we have a
workaround for now.

Any ideas why net-snmp invents the additional varbindings or sets the
error-status/index?

BR,

Gerhard Pobinger