Dear all,

Last week I found out by reading the Independent's article by Andrew
Griffin, that the Internet Archive announced two months ago that *“it would
be cataloguing famous Flash content so that they could be preserved even
after the technology is discontinued. Users will be able to use a Flash
emulator to play animations and games.”*

The Internet Archive, which has already saved over thousands playable DOS
games, books and a copy of the entire internet, said that it would be using
a Flash emulator called Ruffle to let animations play in the browser.

Viewers do not need to have a Flash plugin themselves installed, and the
system works on Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and Safari. Here are more info about
that published at the Internet Archive’s blog:

– Flash Animations Live Forever at the Internet Archive:
http://blog.archive.org/2020/11/19/flash-animations-live-forever-at-the-internet-archive/

– Flash Back! Further Thoughts on Flash at the Internet Archive:
http://blog.archive.org/2020/11/22/flash-back-further-thoughts-on-flash-at-the-internet-archive/

And here is *Ruffle* – https://ruffle.rs – the Flash Player emulator built
in the Rust programming language that can be installed on a website we own,
as a browser extension and using it as a desktop application.

Graziano