Art forms have their technical aspects. Artists are forever learning, playing,
working and experimenting with the technology at their disposal. Tools for the
job. Means and ends. Artists are largely focused on the latter; the ability to
use the tools is presumed.

However when it comes to digital/new media/net art, discussion of the technical
aspects still seems to predominate. Do you think that's in the nature of the
technology? Or will there come a time when 'new media' artists won't have to
talk like Formula 1 engineers?

Bob