-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: shisoqu

blogged at: http://m3me.wordpress.com/

ada is an inspiration as much in her foresight as in the ways she
accomplished and implemented her ideas. going beyond the conventions
of her days, she did not let herself being encloistered by her class
and society, but found ways to implant her ideas into the public
sphere.

conceiving ada was my initiation to her life and work, transposed
already to our times.

technology stems from the industrial-military complex, and what it is
missing most, in order to be used artistically, is poetry. poetry as
in beauty, as in emotion, as in awe.

here some contemporary artists i came across that are driven in this way:

natabor: http://www.aa-vv.org/

adriana sa: http://adrianasa.planetaclix.pt/

ursula scherrer: http://www.ursulascherrer.com/

sculptrice: http://iiie.klingt.org/sculptrice

this brings us back to nature, maybe the most compelling discussion
we should be having, as an arrogant, snobish past is giving way to a
growing sensation of symbiosis and the fragility of its
interrelations.

a 130 year old woman was 'discovered' in kazakhstan; when asked (how?
why? - kind of silly really; as if they were not more interesting
points of debate) attribute humor and using grandmother's cures for
all ills. an unbroken chain of knowledge, that women can pride
themselves on. interestingly, it is not always adquired but can
'feel' intuitively right.

ada is as close as it can get to adam, 'the first one', tricked out
of paradise and innocence by the scheming eve, eager for more; our
chastity belt ever since. this might be coming full circle..

there is a growing movement of women empowerment worldwide, which
will make a difference, specially when the patriarchal society is
about to wave the white flag;

like the microcredit movement or video volunteers:
http://www.videovolunteers.org/

ada is not about any specific thing, she is about the 'going beyond'
oneself to achieve something that wants to come forward. it is about
doing the intuitive thing. names don't really matter. it is about
communication and exchange. she developed a part of that, the growing
'global consciousness' we call 'the net' - a tool that shrank space
and time;

curious where it will take us..