On 06/10/09 19:18, marc garrett wrote:

> I have a few itunes files that I wish to convert for my linux. You may
> not be able resolve what the whole of the Internet/Linux user groups
> have not been successful in doing, but you never know - I want to
> convert itunes files into a music prog, and mix it with other sounds for
> etc...

If they are tunes you have ripped from CD, you can export them from
iTunes as WAV then import that. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1550
for how to do that in iTunes. Or
http://gimpel.gi.funpic.de/wiki/index.php?title=Howto:convert_aac/mp4_to_wav/mp3/ogg_on_Linux
for how to do it in GNU/Linux. You'll need a distro that supports
proprietary codecs.

If they are DRM-encumbered tracks from the iTunes Music store, burn them
to CD in iTunes and then rip the CD using your favourite GNU/Linux CD
ripper. Yay for the analog(ue) hole!

- Rob.