Body and Technological Mediation in Seoul, Mexico City, Newcastle...

Thanks for reading.

yours,

Marco Donnarumma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forthcoming Performances in Mexico, Norway and UK

Three performances of my interactive music piece for enhanced body
"Music for Flesh II" are scheduled at the 7o Simposio Internacional of
the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, the Piksel Festival in
Bergen and CultureLab in Newcastle. See the calendar for further details.
http://marcodonnarumma.com/works/music-for-flesh-ii
http://marcodonnarumma.com/calendar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xth Sense Biophysical Music Workshops: Winter Sessions

In this workshop participants build their own Xth Sense biosensor and
learn how to generate interactive music from the muscle sounds of their
bodies.
Next workshops have been confirmed for November at the UNAM in Mexico
City and the CultureLab in Newcastle, UK and for December at Matadac
Festival in Madrid. Booking will open soon, don't hesitate to contact me
if you wish to participate to or host a course.
http://marcodonnarumma.com/teaching/xth-sense-biophysical-music
http://marcodonnarumma.com/contact

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking at the Seoul International Computer Music Festival

I'll be in Seoul from 20 to 24 October to present the Xth Sense and the
new model of biophysical music to the Asian academic community. This
engagement with the SICMF/KEAMS is endorsed by Creative Scotland.
A related paper "Xth sense: a biophysical framework for the application
of muscle sounds to interactive music performance" will be published in
the Computer Music Journal Emile Vol. 9 (December, 2011).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guest editor for eContact 14.3: Biotechnolgical Performance Practice

The CEC's online journal of electroacoustic music extends an open call
for contributions to an issue focussing on the use of the body in
electroacoustic performance practice. As guest editor for this issue I'm
glad to discuss your ideas and contributions, feel free to write me.
Further information are available here.
Submission deadline: 31 January 2012. Publication: 29 February 2012.
http://cec.sonus.ca/econtact/14_3/call.html
http://marcodonnarumma.com/bio#publications

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Interview: The Biological Canvas

VASA Online Gallery recently inaugurated The Biological Canvas, an
exhibition of "a group of hand-selected artists who articulate their
concepts with the body as the primary vessel." My piece "Music for Flesh
II" was selected along with works by Stelarc, Natasha Vita-More among
the others. Jace Lumley conducted a related, brief interview with me
about technology, body and mediation.
http://www.vasa-project.com/gallery/biological_canvas/donnarumma/interview.php
http://marcodonnarumma.com/bio#press

Past Events
LPM Live Performers Meeting X : Director;
Noise=Noise, London : Performance and workshop;
4th Pure Data Convention, DE : Performance, talk and workshop;
ICMC, International Computer Music Conference, UK : Talk;
BEAM Festival, UK : Performance.