Pete Gomes – Interview

Interviewed by Camille Baker | Vague Terrain.

"My recent film Hoad and Mickey in the Sky was made on iPhone with 8mm
emulators. It was made unexpectedly during a train journey to my
friend’s funeral, triggered by me gazing at a bunch of flowers reflected
in the train window. Making films using a mobile device was a logical
progression of earlier work with mobile media and moving images. The
mobile camera gives me the ability to be spontaneous, and be able to
react and engage with places and locations without prior planning, and
make moving images. By having the possibility of shooting at any moment,
it changes how you relate to your surroundings and what you decide to
record and share."

http://vagueterrain.net/journal22/gomes/01