Jean Tourrilhes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>       The overall architecture of hotplug/udev module loading is
> broken as it does not allow user override. I have explained in details
> the problem to the concerned people, but it seems that they don't
> really care. The standard answer is "blacklist the orinoco
> module". Let's not even mention libusual.

You can also have a local alias overriding in a /etc/modprobe.d/ file,
for example:
alias pcmcia:m02AAc0002f*fn*pfn*pa*pb*pc*pd* hostap_cs

modprobe will use this alias only, since it doesn't look in
module.alias if the alias is resolved before.

This allows to override the driver for a specific card, without
blacklisting a driver still usable with a whole number of cards.

Regards

--
Olivier Blin - Mandriva