Mourad De Clerck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> :
[...]
> I do notice a pattern with more and less "complicated"/cpu intensive
> traffic: using http (wget) I manage to finish doing the transfer of the
> same reasonably big file. With scp I only manage to get to 90% of that
> file before it freezes - I should still test whether I can get a http
> transfer to lock up if I use a (much) bigger file.

wget goes faster, right ? Do you have some vmstat 1 output at hand
for it ?

[...]
> > Unrelated: have you checked the link setting ?
>
> ethtool reports "Link detected: yes" and so does my switch.

Ok but can you set correctly the link with the command which was told
to fail in you first mail ? The patch could fix it.

[...]
> shuttle:~# scp hell:/srv/bigfile.bin .
> bigfile.bin                                   90%  155MB  17.5MB/s   00:00 ETA

Can you try something like:
dd if=/dev/zero bs=1024k count=1000 | ssh -c blowfish hell dd of=/tmp/1000m.bin

May I assume that the freeze locks everything (keyboard, mouse, led) beyond
the scp command itself ?

--
Ueimor