David Miller wrote:

I'm saying that, we don't need the refcount, just setting
the skb->input_index thing, unless someone actually cares
about the input device.

As long as the packet hits not paths that care about the
SKB input device, no atomic refcounts are taken.  It's
just an integer sitting there in the SKB.

Also, if this lookup is to be done multiple times per skb, we could
do the lookup once and grab the ref at that time and store the
pointer in the skb.  If you wanted to be truly horible about it..could
use a 64-bit input_index and copy the pointer there (and set a flag somewhere
noting it is no longer an index but a pointer) so save the extra
64-bits.

Ben

Ben Greear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>