Russell Stuart wrote:
On Sat, 2006-06-24 at 10:13 -0400, jamal wrote:

And yes, I was arguing that the tc scheme you describe would not be so
bad either if the cost of making a generic change is expensive.

<snip>

Patrick seems to have a simple way to compensate generically for link
layer fragmentation, so i will not argue the practically; hopefully that
settles it? ;->

Things seem to have died down. Patrick's patch seemed unrelated to ATM to me. I did put up another suggestion, but I don't think anybody was too impressed with the idea. So that leave the current ATM patch as the only one we have on the table that addresses the ATM issue.

FWIW I think it may be possible to do it Patricks' way, as if I read it properly he will end up with the ATM cell train length which gets shifted by cell_log and looked up as before. The ATM length will be in steps of 53 so with cell_log 3 or 4 I think there will be no collisions - so special rate tables for ATM can still be made perfect.

As you say, I think mpu should be added aswell - so eth/other can benefit.

Andy.