Jeff Garzik escreveu:
Cesar Eduardo Barros wrote:
From: Cesar Eduardo Barros <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This is a driver for the Silan SC92031/Rsltek 8139D NIC chip. It's a
rewrite of the vendor 2.4 driver for 2.6, and has been lightly tested
on a 2.6.17 x86-64 kernel with the Ubuntu patches (as a out-of-tree
module only).

Seems like it would be best to modify the existing 8139 driver...

I'm not sure it would help. Either the hardware differences are too large (for instance, the MII/link part, where the way the vendor driver did things implies the MII has only the two basic registers plus two vendor registers, meaning I simply cannot use the generic mii code) or the code is already modified from the 8139 driver (the vendor driver seems to be based on an old version of either pci-skeleton.c or 8139too.c, and I based my rewrite on the vendor driver).

Of course, one thing I probably will copy from 8139too.c later is the NAPI code; I wanted to avoid the extra locking complexity in this first version (the fact that the interrupt status register is cleared on reading only makes things more complex). If you can suggest other things to copy, it would be good, since the copied code is less likely to be wrong.

--
Cesar Eduardo Barros
[EMAIL PROTECTED]