David Miller wrote:
From: John Heffner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 16:58:18 -0500

This is especially important with TSO enabled. Currently, it will send a burst of up to 64k at the end of a connection, even when cwnd is much smaller than 64k. This patch still lets out empty FIN packets, but does not apply the special case to FINs carrying data.

Good catch John.

But I think the correct test on skb->len would be to just make
sure that it is <= REAL_MSS.

What do you think about that?  This would match the original intention
of the logic in the pre-TSO days.

What was the intention of that logic?

Actually, I think it would be better to leave the Nagle test as it was (which is implicitly < real_mss), because there is obviously no point in doing the nagle test when you know there is no more data that will be sent. However, I can't think of any reason why the cwnd test should not apply.

  -John