Hello.

Matt Mackall wrote:

CONFIG_NETPOLL_TRAP causes the TX queue controls to be completely bypassed in
the netpoll's "trapped" mode which easily causes overflows in the drivers with
short TX queues (most notably, in 8139too with its 4-deep queue).
Make this option more sensible by only bypassing TX softirq wakeup and remove
CONFIG_NETPOLL_RX option completely since there is *no* code depending on it.

You've got two unrelated patches here, so that's an automatic NAK.

  Come on, killing a long ago no-op option doesn't worth the sepearte patch. :-)

I suppose we can kill the config option.

  I've even posted the refs to the commits introducing and killing the #ifdef's.

What did you test the NETPOLL_TRAP test with?

  KGDBoE (and maybe also netconsole -- don't remember already).

WBR, Sergei