Good morning (my TZ),

I'll try to answer all questions, hoewver if I miss something big, please point my nose to it again.

Rick Jones wrote:
As asked in LKML thread, please post the exact netperf command used to
start the client/server, whether or not you're using irqbalanced (aka
irqbalance) and what cat /proc/interrupts looks like (you ARE using MSI,
right?)

netperf was used without any special tuning parameters. Usually we start two processes on two hosts which start (almost) simultaneously, last for 20-60 seconds and simply use UDP_STREAM (works well) and TCP_STREAM, i.e.

on 192.168.0.202: netperf -H 192.168.2.203 -t TCP_STREAL -l 20
on 192.168.0.203: netperf -H 192.168.2.202 -t TCP_STREAL -l 20

192.168.0.20[23] here is on eth0 which cannot do jumbo frames, thus we use the .2. part for eth1 for a range of mtus.

The server is started on both nodes with the start-stop-daemon and no special parameters I'm aware of.

/proc/interrupts shows me PCI_MSI-edge thus, I think YES.

In particular, it would be good to know if you are doing two concurrent streams, or if you are using the "burst mode" TCP_RR with large request/response sizes method which then is only using one connection.

As outlined above: Two concurrent streams right now. If you think TCP_RR should be better I'm happy to rerun some tests.

More in other emails.

I'll wade through them slowly.

Carsten