On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 01:21:15PM -0800, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-12-15 at 20:44 +0100, Willy Tarreau wrote:
>
> > Thus do you think it's worth adding a new option as Tolga proposed ?
>

> I thought we tried hard to avoid adding the option but determined
> we could not avoid it ;)

Not yet, your other proposal of disabling SO_REUSEPORT makes sense if
we combine it with the proposal to change the score in my patch. If
we say that a socket which has SO_REUSEPORT scores higher, then the
connections which don't want to accept new connections anymore will
simply have to drop it an not be elected. I find this even cleaner
since the sole purpose of the loop is to find the best socket in case
of SO_REUSEPORT.

I'll give this a try and will submit such a proposal if that works
for me.

Cheers!
Willy