actually when netmeeting is started, local video is playing. But when a
connection with other pc is established, video's status is shown as 'paused' &
no remote video is visible.
what can be its reason?

Brian Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi every one!
> I need some help regarding using Microsoft Net Meeting.
>
> Infact, i m using dial-up modem at one end & at the other end, PC is
> connected to internet using LAN communication link, but it is
> assigned
> a public IP address (not the LAN's IP).
> Now, when Net Meeting is run & a call is established between both the
> links, no video is transferred to either end.I can only see local
> video but no remote video is visible.

What operating systems are in use at both ends? What about audio? Does
either end receive audio? There are a number things that could cause no
audio/video:

1) a "secure"= data only call was made
2) something in the group policy setting at one or both ends is forbidding
audio/video with NetMeeting
3) the QoS Scheduler is preventing transmission. To have no audio/video
either way though would imply a problem at both ends -- this is an XP
phenomenon.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yahoo! Groups Links