> Has anyone considered or even started writing an open-
> source/gnu/inexpensive ILS Server for Windows NT/2k/2k3 Server that
> replaces Microsoft's discontinued product?

ILS server is available for Win2000 as part of the package so there is no
question of it being "discontinued" there -- though Win2000 support and
sales are ending -- ( and the old WinNT one is still around somewhere but
has some flaws perhaps) so the only likely target Microsoft O/S is
Win2003(XP?). Interest in NetMeeting support is I am sure not at the top of
the list for most people as Microsoft has announced its retirement.

I haven't heard of any open source ILS servers available -- there was a
commercial one for Linux/Win2000 a few years ago but I haven't seen it
lately.

> Administration features such as logon authentication (ie:
> IP/domain/user allow lists), groups (ie: rooms or folders, for custom

NetMeeting has no mechanism for authentication so that is pretty well a non
starter I think. Unless you plan to do a NetMeeting replacement (possibly
sdk based) as well?

> Directory lists based on logon), etc. would be very nice.
> As a veteran professional programmer for over two decades, this would
> be something I would get involved in if it existed.
> SourceForge has three client projects with various levels of
> Netmeeting
> compatability (NVC looks interesting:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/nvc/ and
> http://nvc.naskel.cx/), but I
> have not found any proper replacement ILS projects anywhere.

I am guessing with NetMeeting at the end of its life it is unlikely that any
will spring up.

Yahoo! Groups Links