> > If the ILS server is running -- you should be able to test
> by trying a
> > login from NetMeeting,no further set up should be required.
> >
> > The ILS is by definition a "netmeeting server" -- its only
> function
> > is to
> > provide presence and location information to allow
> NetMeeting users to
> > announce their presence and initiate calls with other NetMeeting
> > users.
> hi brian, hi all
>
> i remember the times when it was possible to connect via cuseeme
> to the ILS  <http://www.lettv.de/lettv/Cuseemedoku/3.12/CUS00255.htm>
> is there any alternative for Macintosh or Unix to ILS ?

I am not sure what you are asking -- are you looking for an ILS substitute
that runs on MAC or Unix servers?

If you are asking -- can other programs running on Mac or Unix clients
potentially connect to and use the ILS -- the answer is a qualified yes --
provided they are setup to use the LDAP protocol variant that ILS uses and
attempt to connect on the correct port (current ILS servers use tcp 1002).

> Should it be possible to connect with an old 3.12 Whitepine client
> to connect to ILS ? or are the adresses hardcodet that you
> canĀ“t change
> them into 3.12 ?

If the Whitepine client connected to previous ILS servers it should be able
to connect to current ILS servers. I suspect though if it did work
previously it may be hardcoded to connect on tcp 389 -- so either the client
would need to be configured for a different port (don't know if this is
possible) or the ILS server would have to change the port it uses (this is
possible).

White Pine and its client (Cuseeme?) is in such a distant past though I
don't rememeber if it was H.323 and compatible with NetMeeting.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/AyiolB/TM