Okay, Yes, I scan all the ports above 32767. and I left the settings in
both ends by default like it comes right out from box the only need to
set is the video and audio sources and intification info like my name
and email addresses. Also I have tried to find a test site that I can
call and test but unfortunely, there is none out there that I can verify
and do 'loopback' test.

Brian Sullivan wrote:

> > I'm back, I peformed port scan to verify that both Windows 2000 and
> > Windows 98 are on my local LAN are able to communicate though
> > the known
> > ports and it turns out to be fine
>
> This includes all udp ports greater than 32767?
>
> > also I did the port scan across the
> > internet to my laptop with cell phone and it has passed the test.
>
> I am not sure what you are saying here or how the cell phone figures
> into it
> (or how you did a port scan across the internet to your laptop) but I
> suggest you leave over the internet connection out of the tests and your
> thinking for the moment (as it brings a whole other set of possibilities
> into the problem).
>

> > I do not know why Netmeeting wouldn't send out video/audio
> > both within
> > LAN and outside of LAN. it is a odd problem.
> >

> Is the call you connect on a data only call?
>
> A data only call would occur if:
>
> 1) you initiated a secure call or if you or the other end only allowed
> secure calling. This could be done by setting policies at the Win2000
> end or
> could be initiated by user settings in the tools->options security tab. It
> is also possible to have a version of NetMeeting on Win98 created in the
> resource kit that forced this but I suspect that is not the situation in
> your problem.
>
> 2) a data only call was specified. AFAIK there is no way to force this
> from
> NetMeeting directly -- it can be done by using a callto:xxxx+av=false url
> (probably not in your case though) or could be forced by policy.
>
> 3) it would occur if some other program was using the H.323 ports (are you
> running some other phone type program at either end?)

Yahoo! Groups Links