Brian,

Thanks for the quick response.  Some answers

1.  No SP2 b/c this is a corporate laptop and they (the IS gurus)
seem to fear that there are some SP2 conflicts with other corporate
software.  I doubt that really affects me since I mainly use the
laptop outside of the hospital (and why I am not doing this on my
desktop - behind all kinds of firewall stuff that get in the way - at
home it is my little netgear wireless router with roadrunner broadband).

2.  I "see myself" because that is what happens when I turn on the
camera.  It is true that once I turn on netmeeting, I can no longer
see myself - as the LifeCam window goes gray with no picture, and
instead I see the netmeeting window with the other party on-screen.
But - this did remind me that I had ms messenger set up to open
automatically.  I will turn that off and see if that makes a
difference - and at least in terms of the greying/dimming out, it
did.  Now I will try to get in touch with the folks on the other end
(maybe not until Monday??) and see if this works.

Thanks for getting me to think this through a bit more...

George

On Dec 2, 2006, at 9:20 AM, Brian Sullivan wrote:

> [...]

http://costofwar.com/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional