On 08/07/2016 07:46 PM, Vadim Kochan wrote:
Hi,

I did not ever use Linux pktgen feature, but I just catch the
idea if it would be good to have option to send trafgen protocol
built packet via Linux pktgen ? Theoretically it is possible to create
simple and generic code to generate raw or pktgen packets. But
pktgen's kind of packets will be possible to generate only via protocol
header functions because with it we have all field metadata. Also
when dynamic fields series will be applied it may be possible also
convert them to pktgen's rand/inc commands.

But again let me know if it might be useful.

I think it would be useful, I see value where trafgen would do all the
procfs setup details internally and then runs pktgen as a backend. So the
only thing needed for the user would be to execute trafgen normally via
cmdline.

You won't be able to use all of the trafgen features when selecting pktgen
instead of af_packet as a backend, but I think that's okay.

Thanks,
Daniel