Laxmi Prasad Botla writes:
> But in Solaris 10 due to The "FireEngine" approach of merging TCP and IP
> layers into one STREAM based module I am just wondering how could I push my
> module in, if possible?

You can't.

> It looks pfhooks is the better framework to capture loopback traffic. Does
> anybody know when pfhooks would be available in a Solaris update?

I think it's in review now.  You should contact the author (Darren
Reed) for more information.

> Also any comments on using dtrace for dumping loopback traffic by hooking
> tcp_out and tcp_in functions especially for developing commercial
> applications for high Traffic environments.

You might want to look over the Clearview project, as they're fixing
exactly this problem -- by adding an interface that allows you to
snoop loopback.

--
James Carlson, KISS Network                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>