paul wrote:
ET wrote:
SnapafunFrank wrote:
ET wrote:

SnapafunFrank wrote:

I have googled heaps but cannot seem to nail this one.

At present I get :

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ dcop
ERROR: Couldn't attach to DCOP server!

This is a result of having to reboot several times after a normal shutdown for the weekend but which resulted in:

" KLauncher could not be reached via DCOP"

In an attempt to resolve this having finally got KDE apps talking to me at least, I decided to fix this before trying for another reboot.

I'm running:
kernel 2.6.16.11
Mandriva10.2
KDE 3.3.2 as initially installed with OS

I've not updated things KDE nor have I recently installed any 'control' type programs so have no idea as to why I am having this problem across a shutdown ~ restart.

Any ideas ~ pointers anyone ?

Ideally, I would care to fix this so that the startup scripts work correctly.

I'll not be shutting this system down until I get there, so if you require any info just give me the correct command and I will post back the info.

can you log in as another user?

Possible and I suspect that doing so will give me a clean start ~ but that will not fix what is wrong here. Unless you need some log file produced for clarification ?

I am just giving you a test to see if the problem is a .kde file in the users /home or if the problem is a system wide config error...

if it is just one user, try deleting the .dcop server file in /home/user & login as that user, a new one should be built.

Want to buy your Pack or Services from Mandriva? Go to http://store.mandriva.com
Join the Club : http://www.mandrivaclub.com

Now I've upset things :

I "Ended Session" and signed in as a different user ~ no problems and the command ' dcop ' produced the result expected when dcop is running.

I then ended that session and signed back in as myself and at present everything is fine ~ that is 'dcop' is doing it's thing.

Go figure ?????

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!
Regards