Hi Stormjumper - my reply is a bottom of this lot ->

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stormjumper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> i'm also trying to get my Speedtouch USB to work with Mandrake,
> ANY mandrake.
>
> Idea.list, you referred to documentation that "accompanied the packages".
> i assume you refer to the Mandrake specific packages.
> can i find out where to find those package specific documentation?
> as in which RPM they come in, or where they're installed to.
>
> thanks.

Hi Stormjumper
The files are on cd1 as pointed out by Dennis Myers.
In windows, assuming your cd is E: the path is
E:\Mandrake\RPMS\speedtouch-1.0-3mdk.i586.rpm

(I'm back in windows now - so, going from memory)
Think it installs in usr/share/doc/speedtouch
and in usr/share/speedtouch
It expands into several files including several text files with HowTo's etc.

When I succesfully installed the Speedtouch USB in LM8.2 (long time ago) I
thing it was necessary to remove my network card completely and only put it
back after the Speedtouch is working.
You also needed to put the mgmt.o file in as usr/share/speedtouch/mgmt.o

Then entered ISP (bt) connection stuff (username etc. - I probably entered
the bt prefix as with windows - i.e. mine is <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -
you are probably something other than hg11).

I chose to 'connect at bootup'
Rebooted and bingo - worked first time.

Now the downer.  Others tried this sequence but it didn't work for them.
Wish you luck.

You are welcome to let me know how you get on or discover any tricks.

Dave.

---