On Sunday 05 Oct 2003 8:09 pm, Johan wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 20:55:44 +0200, Johan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>  Kindly explain to me the difference between the 2 lists
>  I noticed that hdlist is megabytes & synt..hdlist is kilobytes
>  OK, what I would like to know what is the trade off.
>  Will all loaded software still be updated.
>  Thanks
>  Johan

The synthesis.hdlist file does not contain the list of files inside RPM
packages, descriptions or changelog.
It is intended for users on dial up lines.
It will work just as well as the hdlist.cz when you install/update. It is just
less informative when you browse packages in the Mandrake rpmdrake GUI.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net