I installed 9.2 a week ago, keeping the old /home; the other partitions are
all new. The past weekend was spent getting current with the updates.
Everything seems to be working just fine. This morning I went through the log
files. Most of them were clean, but I did find something strange in the
kdm.log file.

It begins with a message, "The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports..."
This is followed by a long list of entries of the form: "Warning: Symbol map
for <key> redefined. Using last definition for conflicting fields" where
<key> refers one of a number of keys. After each list, there is a message,
"Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server." The same pattern is
repeated a number of times. (I expect that each successive cluster marks
another reboot, a frequent occurrence over the past week.)

XF86Config shows the following in the keyboard section:
Protocol "Standard"
XkbModel "pc105"
XKbLayout "en us"
XkbOptions ""

I'm using a Logitech Access keyboard. It's one of those that has been tricked
up for Windows with special keys by assigning special functions to the
function keys; in order to have them behave as normal function keys, it is
necessary to press a special "F lock" key. (Well, the price was right.)

Google revealed one similar question on the Cooker list, but there were no
replies to it. I'm not having any problems with the keyboard, other than that
it doesn't spell very well.

Anyone have any insight?

-- cmg