Hello!

I like to create map of my City for my GPS. I did download 4 osm files
(0.5 x 0.5 degree every one). I can convert it into Garmin format
using mkgmap.
But what if I like to have all this stuff in one map? I believe that i
can combine this 4 osm files into one large (1 x 1 degree).

Probably i have to use --merge option of osmosis described as:

--merge (--m)

Merges the contents of two data sources together.

Note that this task requires both input streams to be sorted first by
type then by id.
Pipe    Description
inPipe.0        Consumes an entity stream.
inPipe.1        Consumes an entity stream.
outPipe.0       Produces an entity stream.

but ... can anyone tell me how to use it? I did try to search more
about syntax of osmosis and "how to merge", but only what i found was
an informations like: "Yes, it is possible with osmosis".

Can anyone help and write me an example syntax for merging two OSM
files into one please?

--
Pozdrawiam, Jakub.
Milion osób dziennie pobiera Firefoksa... pobierz i Ty! www.firefox.pl