>/
/>/  Another question. If one of these buildings conducts more than one
/>/  function, say a bottleshop that also operates as a supermarket. these tags
/>/  must appear on different nodes? One node one value I believe is the
/>/  principal.
/>/
/
You can use semicolon separated values, for example
shop=supermarket;alcohol. I tend to pick the one or the other, depending on
what you think is it major feature. But either way is probably correct.
Although this is correct in terms of the tagging system I personally tend to
avoid this.
We should never tag for an editor; however, different tag values separated by
semicolons are rarely
evaluated by any service using OSM data. You cannot expect such an object to be
rendered on any map.

For shops or other amenities with different functions I would always use
different nodes.

Regards

Michael
(osm:michael63)