http://www.weeklypost.com/010625/010625b.htm#one

George Bush an Asshole?
Japan's Foreign Minister Tanaka Makes Inappropriate
Private Remark About Bush

The Weekly Post - June 25 - July 1, 2001

  On June 17, a day before Foreign Minister Makiko
Tanaka would be meeting US Secretary of State Collin
Powell, Ms. Tanaka visited German Town High School in Philadelphia where
she studied for two years when she was a high school student.

  The alumnae of the high school gave Ms. Tanaka a
grand welcome. She enjoyed a class reunion and talking
with her old classmates. Ms. Tanaka did not accompany interpreters and
stenographers. She made a remark about George Bush during her
conversation with her classmates and her words will remain in the
history of Japan's foreign ministers.

  When she entered the library, she sat in the same
wooden chair she used when she was a student. She
remarked, "I remember the smell of this chair. It has
not changed at all."

  She was deep in sentimental memories of those
days. Makiko Tanaka said, "What I learned at this
school was spiritualism based on religion, the
principles of a simple life and love as well as peace.
I learned how important it is to listen to others and
express one's opinion. I have respected this principle throughout my
entire life thus far."

  Then, one classmate raised a political issue and
said to her, "There is no scientific proof that the
earth is warming and no legitimate reason why we need
the 'star wars' missile defense system. Don't you
think so?" Ms. Tanaka appreciated the question.

Minister Makiko reportedly said, "I will definitely
oppose the new missile defense plan proposed by
President Bush. It is beyond my imagination that we
need it"

  Ms. Tanaka's visit to Washington DC was agreed to
by the US government after strenuous efforts by the
Japanese government. The objective of her trip was to
vindicate what she expressed about US foreign policies
at meetings with her counterparts from other
countries.
She conveyed her messages of criticism about the
foreign polices of the US government to them. She must
have told them faithfully what she believed. Her
address immediately caused problems in the Japanese
political world.

  During the conversation with her old classmates at
the reception in German Town High School, The Weekly
Post learned that Ms. Tanaka made a remark about
George Bush, "He is totally an asshole" in English.

  The majority of her classmates seemed to support
the Republican Party, however, they were critical
about Mr. Bush's new missile defense plan. When Ms.
Tanaka made this remark, the classmates in the room
were reportedly excited.

  There has never been a statesman in Japanese
history that called a US president, 'an asshole.'
(c) 2001, The Weekly Post
http://www.weeklypost.com

                                    Serbian News Network - SNN

                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]