World War Two Era Mass Grave Discovered in Slovenia
The Associated Press
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100907/ap_on_re_eu/eu_slovenia_mass_grave
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=u7bw8rbab&et=1103676500954&s=3805&e=001U3Udn8sclN9qx3WqOKjp3LiOI-IDKMsojjaNoWxFv4b3AmZVWtQhnr9ULIJ2SaIa6xjoxIl3sJg7YNboe2r3-haLqw_yi60es5irFRPnHIrvh9YGkl-6vOFTv5vDCJwiFraFE2xWF86loFEjIorYNbdNMrO9YbU-Mf3Tk1Nl5rreNqNq6vmNQjQTyBE4xqEI>

The bodies of about 700 people killed in the wake of World War II have been
discovered in a mass grave in Slovenia, 65 years after they were herded into
the woods and slain by antifascists seeking revenge on Nazi collaborators, an
official said Tuesday. Marko Strovs, who heads the government's commission for
exhuming mass graves, told The Associated Press that researchers examined a pit
in a forest near the town of Prevalje in the country's northeast last week and
found the remains. "Based on what we've heard from local people and what we've
seen so far, there could be about 700 bodies buried inside," Strovs said.
Thousands of Nazi collaborators were executed by communist-backed antifascists
after the war; in many cases, victims also included innocent civilians.