http://www.grayfalcon.blogspot.com/

Madness? This is BOSNIA!

To say that Bosnia-Herzegovina is a strange place would be an understatement.
Little about that country makes sense. It is theoretically one state, comprised
of two "entities" (a Republic and a Federation) and a District (which isn't the
capital). It has three major ethnic groups, five Presidents and thirteen Prime
Ministers. No one knows exactly how many people live in the country, because
there hasn't been a census since the war - and some politicians are blocking a
new census from being conducted. Though nominally independent and sovereign,
the
ultimate authority in the country is a viceroy (called "High Representative")
acting on behalf of a self-appointed group of external powers (called the
"Peace
Implementation Council"). And there is no such thing as a "Bosnian," strictly
speaking; one is either a Serb, Croat, "Bosniak" (Slavic convert to Islam) or
"other." To keep the (uneasy) peace between them, ethnic quotas are enshrined
in
the Constitution.

In short, the place is a mess of epic proportions. But just as I think that it
cannot possibly get any crazier, something happens along to prove me wrong.

The internet is a wonderful place insofar as it allows ordinary folk, like
yours
truly, to share their thoughts and ideas with the general public without
dealing
with governmental or big business gatekeepers. Whereas you can be reasonably
certain that the governments and the official media will lie to you about any
given issue any given time, with the internet you have to make your own
decision
about what is true and what is a howling blast of nonsense.

It isn't the fault of Blogger, or Wordpress, or the do-it-yourself PR portal
"i-Newswire" that some of their users may be raving lunatics, or folks a few
beers short of a six-pack. But when I saw a link to a release on i-Newswire two
days ago announcing that the "Bosnian Royal Family" has reasserted sovereignty,
my jaw came very close to hitting the floor.

Quoth the release:

Under international law and customs pertinent to monarchical reinstatements,
the
Bosnian Royal Family recently reclaimed their "divine right to sovereignty".
The
claim was met by 85% public approval, but also by insults from the media
financed by NED, USAID, etc. The Bosnian medieval state thrived between 1153
and
1527, when the Ottomans committed regicide of the last Prince-pretend and
established their first occupying administration. Bosnia has not had her own
sovereign de jure (a monarch; a president) ever since.

While it is true enough that the Ottoman Turks killed the last king of Bosnia
(also the last despot of Serbia), that was in 1463, not in 1527. But the real
howler here is the line about "85% public approval." How could they possibly
tell? What public? Bosnia is so fragmented, this kind of polling is just plain
impossible.

At first I thought this was some kind of practical joke, like the pranks played
by a group of Serbian linguists over the past few years, who would plant false
news and then mock the gullible press for taking them at face value. But this
"royal family" seems to be taking itself seriously. This is also indicated by
the tone of their press release, which goes on to accuse the powers
administering Bosnia of working "...in the interest of none other but the
Anglo-Zionist geostrategy, apparently aimed at destabilizing the continental
(mainly Catholic) Europe..."

Just the other day someone asked me why I never tried my hand at writing
fiction. How can I, with stuff like this existing in actual reality? A fiction
writer who imagined this "royal family" would be laughed out of any serious
publishing house. Yet here they are, quite real.

In 2002, British peacekeepers found a man living in the mountains of Western
Bosnia with only a bear for company. He didn't know the war had ended (well,
sort of), but he seemed remarkably sane, all things considered. Perhaps he was
on to something.

<<~WRD000.jpg>>