If you are unable to view html within your email program please use the following link
to view Chuck Muth's latest News and Views: http://chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm

___________________________________

EXTRA!  EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT...

The latest edition of “Lawfully Wedded” is posted on today’s News & Views EXTRA page.
It includes two primary subjects: (1) The battle for a federal marriage amendment is
lost (including some tough love wisdom by conservative columnist Cal Thomas), and (2)
alternative legislative options short of a constitutional amendment which would
address judicial activism itself and not just gay marriage.  A lot to chew on. Check
it out by surfing over to:  http://www.chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm
_____________________________________

FOR ASSIMILATION, PLEASE PRESS 1

Conservative columnist Michelle Malkin, daughter of LEGAL immigrants, has penned an
excellent piece on the hornet’s nest former Maryland Democrat Gov. Donald Schaefer and
current Republican Gov. Bob Ehrlich have stirred up over the failure of today’s
immigrants to “adjust” to our culture and language.  Catch it at:
http://washingtontimes.com/commentary/20040521-084242-5435r.htm

SURVEY SAYS!

Washington insiders say that while the issue of illegal immigration stirs up a lot of
fuss, it’s NOT an issue which swings votes one way or the other in an election
campaign.  Are they correct?  Is a candidate’s position on illegal immigration an
issue which, in and of itself, could swing your vote one way or the other in a given
election?

*  Yes
*  No
*  Maybe

Cast your vote by clicking the “Survey Says!” tab at www.citizenoutreach.com

CANNES SHOCKER...NOT

Michael Moore’s Bush-whacking new film, “Fahrenheit 9/11,” won the Cannes Film
Festival.  Who didn’t see that coming a mile away?  “The jury that awards the Cannes
prize is trying to tell the world that their decision was not politically motivated,”
writes talk show host Neal Boortz.  “We're dealing with an event in France that is
judged by our leftist Hollywood elite, and they're telling us that politics has
nothing to do with the award?”  These people are nothing if not predictable.

PIN A MEDAL ON ‘EM

“In San Diego, a couple of teachers have been suspended for showing the  pictures of
American Nick Berg being killed by his Muslim captors in Iraq.  Oh, the outrage that
our delicate high schoolers would be subjected to reality.  Far from suspending these
teachers, we should give them medals (maybe the ones John Kerry threw away).  They
have done their students a big favor.  They have introduced these soon-to-be-adults to
the notion that it is a dangerous world out there.

“...It is a mean, nasty, dreadful world out there, but one which we have managed to
keep at bay, not by the UN, but by our own Constitutional government.  Those teachers
who dared acquaint their sheltered and misled underlings about a little part of the
real world deserve a promotion and thanks from all of us.  If they lose their jobs
over this it will demonstrate just how far cultural Marxism (i.e. political
correctness) has infiltrated this once great country.”

- Paul M. Weyrich, chairman of the Free Congress Foundation

ATLAS YAWNED

“You would have thought the discovery of an actual weapon of mass destruction (WMD) in
Iraq would be big news, especially since it was aimed at American soldiers.  But
apparently not in the eyes of most U.S. newspaper editors and network television
producers, who largely ignored one of the major stories from Iraq this week.

“On Monday, the Iraqi Survey Group, tasked with searching for Saddam Hussein's WMD,
confirmed an artillery round containing weaponized sarin nerve gas was detonated in an
improvised explosive device (IED) aimed at U.S. troops in Baghdad on Saturday. . . .
So how did the major dailies treat this story? They buried it.”

- Columnist Linda Chavez

THAT OTHER WEDDING STORY

“The Associated Press continues to run the story that the Coalition bombed an innocent
wedding party in the middle of the desert at 3:00 in the morning last week.  To hear
them tell it, the United States military came upon a wedding, and decided that for
whatever reason, we should kill everyone in attendance. Sure. That's exactly what
happened.  Idiots. . . . The Bush Administration isn't going to win on this one.  The
‘America bombed a wedding’ story hurts Bush, while an ‘American destroys a terrorist
and insurgent safe house’ story would help him.  Guess which one gets the ink?”

- Talk show host Neal Boortz, 5/24/04

KERRY NOT FOOLING GUN GROUP

“John Kerry owns a shotgun and a rifle, has taken time from the campaign trail to go
hunting and relied on firearms during the Vietnam War. But the Democratic presidential
candidate's fondness for his guns will not save him from a political assault by the
National Rifle Association. . . . The NRA says it doesn't matter how many guns the
Massachusetts senator owns or how often he hunts because he nearly always votes
against gun rights in the Senate. . . . ‘His antifirearms record is among the very
worst in American politics,’ said NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre. ‘It's
not a stretch to say that the worst thing that could happen to the Second Amendment is
for John Kerry to be elected president.’ "

- Washington Times, 5/22/04

ANOTHER USELESS FEDERAL PROGRAM

“OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), in fact, is pretty much a
fraud.  As Cato Institute analysts point out, there is no evidence the agency in its
34 years has had any significant effect on workplace safety.”

- Columnist Jay Ambrose

IT’S THE STUPID, STUPID

“About 50% of the adults in this country are simply too damned ignorant and stupid to
be living in a free society.  These are people who cannot survive without someone else
stepping forward to take care of them. . . . One thing that occurs to me is that I am
unwilling to surrender my freedoms and economic liberty simply because these idiots
can't cope.  That means that they are a danger to me.”

- Talk show host Neal Boortz, 5/24/04

Chuck Muth’s News & Views is published by Citizen Outreach, a non-partisan, 501(c)3
non-profit corporation. The opinions and views expressed in Chuck Muth's News & Views
reflect those of the writers, editors and columnists therein and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Citizen Outreach, its officers, directors or employees.

Published by: Citizen Outreach
Chuck Muth
Editor/Publisher
611 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, #439