If you are unable to view html within your email program please use the following link
to view Chuck Muth's latest News and Views: http://chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm

___________________________________

EXTRA!  EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT...

The morning after “Destruction of Marriage Day.”  Read what others are saying about
gay marriages legally taking place in Massachusetts yesterday in today’s News & Views
EXTRA at:  http://www.chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm
_____________________________________

IS TED BEING UNPATRIOTIC?

“The Bush doctrine is, or was, no country that cozies up to terrorists will be
permitted to develop or to possess weapons of mass destruction.  Good doctrine?
Damned right it's a good doctrine.  It's a bold commitment such as that that will
possibly save us from the horror of a chemical, biological or nuclear attack in one of
our major cities.

“That doctrine, though, has been weakened.  Severely weakened.  It has been weakened
by the constant partisan hammering of the Democrats who are far more dedicated to the
cause of winning the White House in November than they are fighting terrorism. . . .
When Ted Kennedy and his Democratic sycophants say ‘Vietnam’ Iraqis hear ‘America will
abandon us again.’  How many Americans have died because of Kennedy's partisanship?”

- Talk show host Neal Boortz, 5/17/04

HOW ABOUT GORE?

“The Bush-Cheney administration has worked very hard to create a false impression that
the scientific community is uncertain about whether (global warming) is a serious
problem or not - not unlike the misleading impression that we were given in the run-up
to the Iraq war.”

- Former vice president and environmental stooge Al Gore, 5/16/04

CHOOSE WELL, GRASSHOPPER

“(U)nder the circumstances, by comparison and having to make a choice, most people
would rather be our enemy in American hands than an American in our enemy's hands. Put
another way: Would you rather have your picture taken stark naked with a pair of pink
panties on your head or having your throat slit and your head cut off? Yeah - that's a
really tough choice.”

- Talk show host Brian Wilson, 4/17/04

BY GEORGE, I THINK HE’S GOT IT!

“We can make (the Americans) use their rifles against us or we can make them build our
country, it's your choice.  They were brought here by the acts of one coward who was
hunted out of a rat hole - Saddam - who disgraced us all.  As President Bush said they
did not come here to occupy our land but to get rid of Saddam.  We can help them leave
by helping them do their job, or we can make them stay ten years and more by keeping
fighting."

- Retired Maj. Gen. Mohammed Abdul-Latif, the man leading the Iraqi forces in Fallujah

TODAY ON THE DISCUSSION BOARD

The United States Olympic Committee has warned American athletes not to display any
outward signs of patriotic celebration, such as parading around holding Old Glory in
the air, after winning medals at this summer's competition in Athens, Greece.  The
world is already angry with us and such displays might aggravate the situation, or
even worse, make some countries feel bad and inferior.  Is the USOC’s warning a simple
common-sense acknowledgement of post-9/11 reality or a self-defeating act of
appeasement?  Toss your two cents in at:  http://blog.chuckmuth.com/blog/

JER-RY!  JER-RY!

“The Ohio Democratic Party has named raunchy former talk show host Jerry Springer as a
delegate to the Democratic National Convention in Boston, the Associated Press
reports.  The party also named Springer ‘Democrat of the Year.’ Imagine how
humiliating this was to the runner-up.”

- James Taranto, Best of the Web, 5/17/04

KERRY EXPOSED!

No, not John.  Daughter Alexandra.  If you’re one of the 23 people around the world
who hasn’t yet seen this “soft porn” shot of Kerry’s pride and joy at the Cannes Film
Festival, just point your mouse to:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004223099,00.html.

You know what’s really sad?  There are folks in this country who will actually decide
to vote FOR John Kerry because of this photo, reminding me once again to call for an
IQ test before allowing people into a voting booth.

NO WONDER THE UNIONS ARE HAPPY

When the House version of postal reform legislation was announced last week, we were
immediately suspicious when we heard that the postal unions were dancing a jig over
it.  Well, suspicions confirmed.

It seems that buried in the bill is a little set-aside which mandates a seat on the
postal board of governors be reserved for a union stooge.  The seat may not “be filled
by any person other than an individual chosen from among persons nominated for such
office with the unanimous concurrence of all labor organizations.”

So tell us, how many seats on the board have been reserved for taxpayers?  Senior
citizens?  Charitable organizations?  Magazine publishers?  Mail order cataloguers?
Overnight shippers?  Soldiers in the military?  I mean, why is it that only the unions
are being offered a guaranteed seat at the table...especially since they are the
primary problem rather than the solution to the postal service’s financial woes?

The more we look at this emerging postal “reform” bill, the less we like it.

SURVEY SAYS!

Should the Senate block the confirmation of Dawn Tisdale, a former postal union
official from a spot on the board which regulates the postal service?

*  Yes
*  No
*  I’m a Kerry Democrat...Yes AND No

Cast your vote by clicking the “Survey Says!” tab at www.citizenoutreach.com

MAKING HEALTH INSURANCE HEALTHY

“You don't let your employer decide your car insurance, or home insurance, or our life
insurance. Yet, by law, we let employers dictate the quality of our health care.  We
must return health insurance back to the individual market.”

- Jon Caldara of the Independence Institute

THE DRUGGING OF AMERICA’S KIDS

“There's a new report out today showing that spending on psychiatric drugs for
children have soared.  We have seen a recent 77% increase in spending on drugs to
treat conditions such as the phony ADD nonsense and depression.  Now, listen to this
one.  Spending on hyperactivity drugs have gone up fourfold on children four years old
... and younger!  This is a complete outrage .. and a vivid example of the wholesale
failure of modern parenting.”

- Neal Boortz, 5/17/04

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES

“Hoping to keep thousands of frustrated teenagers from dropping out, Baltimore school
officials are considering reducing the number of credits needed to graduate from high
school.  About 1,700 ninth graders are in danger of failing. The school system
proposal would cut the number of credits a student needs to move on from the ninth and
10th grades.”

- Washington Times, 5/17/04

GET GOVERNMENT OUT OF MARRIAGE

“One of the legitimate reasons to oppose gay marriage is the forced financial burden
it will place on taxpayers and employers.  But that's not a problem merely of gay
marriage. It is the problem with all marriage. As odd as it may sound, the anti-gay
and pro-gay sides would be wise to both work for taking the money of out marriage.
That is, get government out of marriage.”

- Jon Caldara of the conservative Independence Institute

RIGHT FINALLY GETS INTO THE 527 GAME

Left-wing “527” political organizations such as MoveOn.org have a huge money-raising
lead on their conservative counterparts because the White House and the Republican
National Committee foolishly tried to block these groups from participating in the
2004 election instead of embracing full and open political debate. But now that the
FEC has refused to stifle such speech, conservatives can and SHOULD finally get in the
game and actually compete rather than whine.

Here are two great places to start.  Both of these 527 organizations are decidedly
conservative, but more importantly, are run by political professionals who actually
know what they’re doing.  The last thing our side needs is a bunch of amateurs mucking
up the works.

1.)  Club for Growth is awesome and has been at the forefront of efforts to thin the
Republican herd of it’s fiscally liberal RINOs.  Go to www.clubforgrowth.com

2.)  Progress for America is a conservative organization pushing for tax cuts,
education reform, strong national security, strict constructionist judicial
appointments, reducing America’s dependence on foreign oil and free trade.  Go to:
www.ProgressForAmerica.org

George Soros and the left are WAY ahead of us on the fundraising side, so if you want
to help catch up, please consider making a donation to either or both of these
organizations today.

Chuck Muth’s News & Views is published by Citizen Outreach, a non-partisan, 501(c)3
non-profit corporation. The opinions and views expressed in Chuck Muth's News & Views
reflect those of the writers, editors and columnists therein and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Citizen Outreach, its officers, directors or employees.

Published by: Citizen Outreach
Chuck Muth
Editor/Publisher
611 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, #439