If you are unable to view html within your email program please use the following link
to view Chuck Muth's latest News and Views: http://chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm

___________________________________

EXTRA!  EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT...

The John & Joe Show are back on stage.  That would be Sens. McCain and Lieberman and
their “Climate Stewardship Act” which is (a) based on junk science and (b) would wreck
havoc on both the nation’s economy and jobs.  The duo are desperately trying to pass
this piece of bad legislation these days by attaching it to a bill which would put a
leash around personal injury attorneys.  Gee, thanks guys.  Read all about it on
today’s News & Views EXTRA page at:  http://www.chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm.
_____________________________________

FIRST LADY EMBRACES HARRY POTTER

“Because of the long days (during the summer), there's plenty of light late in the
evening, when you can read chapter books. You can read Charlotte's Web or the Little
House on the Prairie, or Harry Potter books to your children and read a chapter a
night, and really make memories for your children besides making them learn to love to
read.”

- First Lady Laura Bush at a campaign event in Council Bluffs, Iowa, 7/7/04

ABOUT THOSE UN MONITORS

Due to popular request, here are the names of the nine nitwit congress-critters who
requested United Nations monitors for this November’s presidential election:

Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson, D-Tex.
Julia Carson, D-NY
Jerrold Nadler, D-NY
Edolphus Towns, D-NY
Joseph Crowley, D-NY
Carolyn B. Maloney, D-NY
Raul Grijalva, D-Ariz.
Corrine Brown, D-Fla.
Elijah E. Cummings, D-Md.
Danny K. Davis, D-Ill.
Michael M. Honda, D-Calif.

OUCH!

“Actually John Edwards was 15 when John Kerry got back from Vietnam, but yes, he was
in diapers."

- Comedy Central’s Jon Stewart

THE KILLER JOHNS

“Kerry is an environmentalist who will close down your steel mill. Edwards will sue
you out of your existence"

- Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform

THE REVIEWS ARE IN

“It (Kerry/Edwards) is the most anti-business, ideological ticket in my lifetime. . .
. If you look at all the presidential tickets over the last 30 years, this is the
worst."

- David Rehr, president of the National Beer Wholesalers Association, Political Diary,
7/7/04

RED FLAGS A’PLENTY

“President Bush's opposition research team is sure to be scouring FEC records to see
if any of (John) Edwards' donor bundling included straw men and women putting up money
given to them by a wealthy patron.  One potential problem: $1 million of Edwards'
funds came from trial lawyers' wives, which were identified merely as ‘homemakers’ in
the campaign-finance filings.  Ooops. If the cash Edwards accepted really belonged to
the spouses of these so-called ‘homemakers,’ that could be illegal.”

- NewsMax.com, 7/7/04

SURVEY SAYS!

Was the selection of John Edwards as John Kerry’s running mate President Bush’s worst
nightmare...or an early Christmas present?

*  Aarrghhh!!!
*  Ho, ho, ho!
*  Who is John Edwards?

Cast your vote by clicking the “Survey Says!” tab at www.citizenoutreach.com

THE CONSERVATIVE KETCHUP

“Building on the excitement of election year politics, a company has decided to market
an alternative ketchup for people who ‘don't support Democrats.’  W Ketchup, produced
by a company based in Eagle Bridge, New York, boasts that 100 percent of its product
is made in the U.S.A., including the bottle.  ‘The leading competitor not only has 57
varieties, but has 57 foreign factories as well,’ exclaimed W Ketchup on its web site.
‘W Ketchup comes in one flavor: American.’ . . . Since Democratic presidential
candidate Sen. John F. Kerry (D-MA) has financially benefited from the ketchup fortune
of his heiress wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, W Ketchup wanted to provide conservatives
with another option for their favorite condiment.”

- Jimmy Moore, Talon News, 7/7/04  (You can get more info and/or order “W Ketchup” by
visiting http://www.wketchup.com )

THE DONKEY MONEY-CHANGERS

“Just who are these ‘small donors’ - these ordinary Americans, these average Joes and
Janes, filling the Democratic Party's coffers? . . . The pardon-pushing socialite. The
Communist-coddling corporate sellout. The reckless Asian-American rainmaker. And the
nicotine-stained heiress/almost-felon who keeps on giving.  It's a bankroll that looks
like America. Really.”

- Columnist Michelle Malkin

FEDS JUST NOT SERIOUS ABOUT IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT

“The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency is releasing certain illegal
aliens from federal custody across the country because it lacks the funds to detain
them, according to documents obtained by Government Executive.  The releases are
designed to cut the number of illegal aliens in ICE's detention system, which is
budgeted to hold 19,444 detainees, but has housed thousands more for most of the
fiscal year.”

- GovExec.com, 7/2/04

ELEPHANT MORPHING INTO RINO

“Ever since William Donaldson became chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission,
he has been slowly morphing into a Democrat. Proposals have become rules faster than
you can say whole-lotta-red-tape.”

- Susan Lee, Political Diary, 7/7/04

WHO IS AMERICA’S MOST CONSERVATIVE GOVERNOR?

Donald Devine reveals the answer in the latest online edition of ACU’s “Battleline.”
Who says there are no true Reaganite elected officials on the horizon?  Check it out
at:  http://acuf.org/issues/issue15/040703news.asp

TRUTH IN LABELING

A couple of folks have taken issue with me over what I expressed as the true nature of
the Constitution Party in yesterday’s News & Views; not a party dedicated to the
constitution, but of pursuing an overtly religious agenda while hiding behind
constitutional rhetoric.  I stand behind that evaluation and submit the following
excerpts from their webpage to buttress the argument.

"Join the Constitution Party in its work to restore...our law to its Biblical
foundation," invites the party from its homepage.  Note:  Not it's “constitutional”
foundation; it's "BIBLICAL."  As if there were no other philosophical influences in
the drafting of our Constitution other than the Bible.

And here's the current featured statement on the same home page from the party's vice
presidential nominee, Chuck Baldwin:  "Under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, the
Apostle Paul instructed believers that ‘God hath not given us the spirit of fear’ (II
Tim. 1:7). Yet, ‘the spirit of fear’ is exactly what many Christians demonstrate every
time they vote for President of the United States."

Now you tell me that's derived from a constitutional agenda and not a religious one.
Or how about this from the party’s Preamble...

"We, the members of the Constitution Party, gratefully acknowledge the blessing of the
Lord God as Creator, Preserver and Ruler of the Universe and of this Nation. We
solemnly declare that the foundation of our political position and moving principle of
our political activity is our full submission and unshakable faith in our Savior and
Redeemer, our Lord Jesus Christ."

You can't detect a religious agenda here?  Have you found anything even remotely
resembling that in our Constitution?  And I'm just scratching the surface.  But check
it out for yourself at: http://www.constitutionparty.com/

I’m not saying that many of the positions the party has adopted aren’t valid
conservative positions; I’m just saying their underlying agenda is religious, not
constitutional...as their name implies...and perhaps we could use a little truth in
labeling so as not to mislead folks.  Buyer beware.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS

"I think it's very important for people who are serving (in office) to make sure
there's a separation of church and state."

- George W. Bush, 6/15/04

Chuck Muth’s News & Views is published by Citizen Outreach, a non-partisan, 501(c)3
non-profit corporation. The opinions and views expressed in Chuck Muth's News & Views
reflect those of the writers, editors and columnists therein and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Citizen Outreach, its officers, directors or employees.

Published by: Citizen Outreach
Chuck Muth
Editor/Publisher
611 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, #439