If you are unable to view html within your email program please use the following link
to view Chuck Muth's latest News and Views: http://chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm

___________________________________

EXTRA!  EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT...

A rather spirited discussion on the Libertarian Party’s decision to change its
position on "issue focus" based upon the results of that now-infamous $20,000 poll is
underway.  If this is of any interest to you, I have a response to all the carping and
whining I’ve received from LP’ers over the past two days posted on today’s News &
Views EXTRA page at:

http://www.chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm
_____________________________________

VICTORY FOR COLOR-BLIND GOVERNMENT

“A trial judge (in San Francisco) has ruled the city's 20-year-old affirmative action
program assisting minority-owned businesses unconstitutional, saying it violates
Proposition 209, the 1996 ballot initiative that outlawed sex and race-based state
programs.  The judge, James L. Warren of Superior Court, issued an injunction on
Tuesday forcing the city to suspend the program, which factors in race, sex, ethnicity
and national origin when issuing public contracts.”

- New York Times, 7/28/04

CONGRATULATIONS, WARD!

Folks, this affirmative action ruling in San Francisco is not only a big victory for
the advancement of true color-blind equality in this country, it’s a HUGE victory for
our friend Ward Connerly, the man who heroically led the fight for Prop 209...and
suffered numerous indignities and attacks (many from fellow so-called conservatives)
in the process for his trouble.  He’s now fighting to pass a similar measure in
Michigan...home of that now-infamous Supreme Court affirmative action ruling earlier
this year in which Justice Sandra Day O’Connor wrote that such discrimination was
OK...but only for another 25 years.  Anyway, if you’d like to send Ward a well-earned
congratulatory note, you can reach him at: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

MARY JO COULDN’T BE REACHED FOR COMMENT

“A mouthpiece for Tereeeeeza Heinz Kerry said that the future first lady's remark that
Ted Kennedy is a ‘perfect bastard’ is ‘water under the bridge.’ Unfortunate choice of
words those.”

- Talk show host Neal Boortz

THEIR GANG

“That’s been quite a gathering of Democrats in Boston this week. It includes Bill
Clinton who’s been impeached and later disbarred for lying under oath; Ted Kennedy who
drove his car off a bridge and left a young woman to drown, ‘The Rev.’ Jesse Jackson,
a shakedown artist who fathered a child out of wedlock, and ‘The Rev.’ Al Sharpton, a
race hustler whose scandals include instigating a riot that resulted in six deaths.”

- Lyn Nofziger, Musings, 7/29/04

ISSUES?  WE DON’T NEED NO STINKIN’ ISSUES...

“In his physical bearing, John Kerry is notably Presidential, all angles and
definition. It is his political profile that blurs, with shifting votes and elusive
convictions. . . . The Kerry campaign clearly understands this problem, because it has
made ‘strength’ and ‘security’ the theme of its convention week. The word ‘strong’ has
been repeated so many times that it reminds us of the old joke about the politician
who kept calling himself ‘the issues candidate’ so no one would notice that he had no
issues.”

- Wall Street Journal, 7/29/04

THERE’S NO THERE THERE

“(John) Kerry is disciplined, smart, and studious; he does his homework, isn't lazy,
eats his peas. But the questions never go away: Who is he? What does he stand for? Why
does he come down on every side of almost every issue? Is he driven by anything more
than ambition? Underneath it all, is there any there there?"

- Boston Globe columnist Jeff Jacoby

CUT!  THAT’S A WRAP!

“A controversy is coming out about some of the footage showing (John Kerry) in action
in Vietnam. Apparently, according to a book written by the man who took over sKerry's
swift boat, some of the scenes were reenacted with the cameras rolling! In other
words, clips showing Senator Kerry in action may just be a dramatization. . . .
According to the forthcoming book, the joke was that Kerry left Vietnam not because of
this three Purple Hearts, but because he already had enough film in the can.”

- Talk show host Neal Boortz

TOUGH CHOICE...NOT!

“John Kerry says that the most qualified person should be Commander-in-Chief.  OK, I
can agree with that.  Let's see.  There are two applicants for the job.  One served in
the military 35 years ago and his experience consisted of sailing a little boat up and
down some muddy river in Vietnam for 4 months. The other applicant is
currently Commander-in-Chief going on 4 years now...and pretty successful so far at
the job.  Man, such a tough choice!”

- News & Views reader Greg Cecil

MOORE LIED!

“I'm not a member of the Democratic party," filmmaker and obnoxious anti-American
blowhard Michael Moore told reporters.  But it turns out...Moore lied.  We’re shocked!
 The Smoking Gun website uncovered and published a copy of Moore’s DEMOCRAT voter
registration card this week.  Oh, and get this: He’s also registered in two different
states.  Get the full skinny and see for yourself at:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0628041moore1.html

NO UNION TEACHER LEFT BEHIND

“The traditional greeting at the Democratic National Convention is, ‘Where do you
teach?’ On rare occasions, the greeting is modified to, ‘Where does your husband
teach?’ . . . Democrats could save a lot of money by holding the Democratic National
Convention and the National Education Association Convention at the same time.”

- Columnist Ann Coulter

THE REAL HEALTH CARE CRISIS: GOVERNMENT

“Democrats just love to talk about your ‘right’ and your ‘access’ to health care.
You'll never hear them talking about just how government policies make both health
care and health insurance more expensive.

“There is a government prejudice against an individual purchasing their own private
health insurance policy. If your employer purchases the policy for you, your employer
gets to deduct the cost of that health insurance on their income taxes. If you
purchase the policy for yourself the cost is not deductible. In other words, you get
punished for taking personal responsibility for your own health care. I wonder why
Democrats don't think this is a problem? Hell...I wonder why Republicans don't think
this is a problem!”

- Talk show host Neal Boortz

THIS ACORN FELL PRETTY FAR FROM THE TREE

“Ron Reagan (the Gipper’s son)...has the smooth round tones of a game show host. He
patronized his audience (in his speech at the Democrat convention). ‘Let me paint as
simple a picture as I can,’ he said of stem cell research. This is how liberals say,
‘I'll talk slowly, stupid.’ When he began with ‘I am not here to make a political
speech,’ he seemed like a salesman on the lot: ‘This is not a used car, it is a
pre-owned car.’ By the end he seemed to me like Ron Popeil of the late night
pocket-fisherman infomercials: ‘And by the way, no fetal tissue is used in this
process!’ He seemed a nicer person years ago when he was dancing in his underpants on
Saturday Night Live. He is that unusual person who seems less authentic when not in a
tutu.”

- Columnist Peggy Noonan

Chuck Muth’s News & Views is published by Citizen Outreach, a non-partisan, 501(c)3
non-profit corporation. The opinions and views expressed in Chuck Muth's News & Views
reflect those of the writers, editors and columnists therein and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Citizen Outreach, its officers, directors or employees.

Published by: Citizen Outreach
Chuck Muth
Editor/Publisher
611 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, #439