Those of you using the open source version of News Clipper may run
into problems with the new version of Log::Agent::Rotate (0.1.3).
Basically, it depends on Getargs::Long 0.1.3 which exercises a bug in
Perl 5.6.0. This effectively means that Log::Agent::Rotate 0.1.3
requires Perl 5.6.1.  However, read below for a workaround.

I sent email to the author about this problem. Here's his response:

> Quoting David Coppit:
> : Is there no workaround for the 5.6.0 bug that you could employ in
> : Getargs::Long 0.1.3? I'm dependent on Log::Agent::Rotate, but can't
> : use it if it depends on a module that won't work under Perl 5.6.0. I
> : suspect a lot of people have standardized on 5.6.0 and are in the
> : same boat.
>
> Well, now that 5.6.1 is out (a maintenance release for 5.6), I think
> it's okay to have a dependency on Getargs::Long.  Actually, this is
> precisely why I added this lately.
>
> If you MUST use 5.6.0, then I can give send you an older version of
> Log::Agent::Rotate that did not depend on Getargs::Long.
>
> My advice is to forget about the buggy 5.6.0 and move on to 5.6.1,
> which should be perfectly backward compatible with 5.6.0.

News Clipper itself does not require Perl 5.6.1, or even 5.6.0. You
can use Log::Agent::Rotate 0.1.2 with News Clipper without problems. I
have made it available here:

ftp://www.newsclipper.com/pub/NewsClipper/Log-Agent-Rotate-0.1.2.tar.gz

Regards,
David