On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, you wrote:

> Egil, any plans for adding some filtering to NewsX?

As you might know, I have a somewhat ambivalent view towards filtering at
this level. For instance, filtering would probably make the windowing
optimalization far less efficient, and/or more of a burden for the news
server.

> only because it does allow filtering,
> which saves an enormous amount of time downloading articles.

I assume we probably have totally different scenarios - unwanted articles
that could comfortably be resolved by filtering set up by an individual
consists of only a couple of percent of the news I get, and I consider
schemes like nocem a better approach.

Anyway, what sort of filtering criteria/features do you use/need?

Egil
--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway