On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 01:00:32PM +0200, Egil Kvaleberg wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, you wrote:
>> Afaict you have to use

>> STORAGEAPI=true EXTENDEDDBZ=true ./configure --more --options

>> else newsx won't be compiled with storage-API support even if
>> configure finds libstorage.a and (inn/)storage.h.

> In the configure script there seems to be an assumption that STORAGEAPI
> and EXTENDEDDBZ are set by "innshellvars".

> Presumably this does not happen (at least not in all cases)?

I've got neither of these in /usr/lib/news/innshellvars on my system.
(Debian 3.0 inn2 2.3.2-3)

> If so, are there other ways to determine if these should be set?
> Suggestions?

Shouldn't these simply be set if all the necessary libraries and
headers are found? A newsx with storage-api support does still work on
systems without it. (Tested with c-news, I don't test with inn1.7)

BTW I've created preliminary Debian packages of 1.5pre which seem to
work quite nicely, I'll probably upload it soon.
             cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
vim:ls=2:stl=***\ Sing\ a\ song.\ ***